Thursday, January 1, 2009

Crazy December/Wonderful Holidays/Happy New Year 2009

Happy New Year to all my family & friends!

Most of you live in the Seattle area, so you know about the week of snow we recently lived here! We had 2 big snow events on Dec 20th and 21st.

Greg & Niece at Stepsister Mary's House


I measured 9" at my home in North Seattle. For Seattle, that's pretty significant. And it was cold for a whole week, which is very rare around here and the snow was everywhere for 7 days. I was pretty fortunate, I was able to get around by bus to work and by car to do little errands around my part of town. I did miss work one day of work on Monday December 22nd, after a valiant 2-hour adventure trying to get downtown for work. I did catch a bus, but the chains snapped, so we all had to get off the bus. I then journeyed to a busier arterial and waited and waited for a bus for 40 minutes, but none came. I started marching home, and did see a bus, but it was so full, it just roared by. I threw in the towel, and went home for the day.

The holidays were wonderful as usual. The Christmas Eve event was held at my Dad's as is traditional. My step mom made her usual wonderful meal of breads, cheeses, meats, and cookies. The folks,


The snow was beautiful, if inconvenient

My stepbrothers John & Peter, Brother Scott and Family, John's wife Kelli and two of her friends, the folks' neighbor Sanjay, and my buddy Andy were all there. Afterwards, we all went to the Buckaroo Tavern, which is also traditional (yeah, really!). We had beers and played pool : )

On Christmas day, a big chunk of the family met at the folks again for the wonderful Christmas breakfast my Step mom Elizabeth makes each year. I went home, chilled, wrapped presents, then drove to Stepsister Mary's beautiful home in Edmonds where the whole family met for the main Christmas gathering, complete with a wonderful dinner.

New Year's eve was pretty mellow. I met my friends Andy and Kim for a pretty good Chinese dinner at Moon Temple in Wallingford, then Andy & I hit the local May Thai restaurant for a couple drinks to ring in the New Year. I was home and asleep by 1:00 AM.

Wishing you all a wonderful, peaceful and prosperous 2009!

No comments: