Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Rock Star Step-Brother John


I was a bit surprised but very proud and pleased to read this in the local music tabloid here in Seattle:

Friday 7/4

The Model Rockets, the Tripwires, Doll Test

(Tractor) If the words "Seattle," "power pop" and "genius" are used in the same sentence, there's a good chance that John Ramberg is the topic of conversation. Lately, the genre's secret weapon/superhero has most frequently been spotted fronting the Tripwires and rocking out with the Minus 5. Tonight, however, he's reconvened his old band, the Model Rockets, and they're going to knock your socks off. Far from being a stroll down memory lane, this is a reunion that should get your blood pumpin' and your body movin' and a-shakin'. The Model Rockets always emphasized the "power" in "power pop," and their '60s-inspired pop gems had just the right amount of dirt under their fingernails. They still do. Barbara Mitchell

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=612025&ms

Yay, John!! No one's ever called me a "genius" haha

I'm sorry I missed the show, but I always enjoy seeing John's bands live.

A friend asked me just last night why I'm not famous- my brother Scott is locally famous as a motorbike racing genius and John as a musical genius. I guess natural gifts aren't always distributed evenly... However, I do have the natural ability to Russian dance which makes me the "funny human tricks" guy at many a wedding and parties!

No comments: