Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Cat Beano, 1993-2008


I'm sad to announce today was Beano's last day on earth.

My sister got Beano (she named him!) when he was just a little kitten on or around 1993. Eva had rented from me for a long time, and when she bought her own place in 2001, she asked me to keep Beano. I'm not a big cat fan, but Beano was a tough, independent outdoor cat, and I agreed to adopt him. Beano enjoyed a little affection now and then, but never demanded attention. He was a warrior- he was always fighting some creature or another (usually other cats, I think). His ears bore the marks of a lifetime of battle.

This was only the 2nd time I've had a pet put down- it's a tough thing to do, as everyone knows. But, Beano was worn out. He wasn't eating, skinny as a rail, he was uncomfortable and just wasn't his old self. I cried a few tears as his life slipped away in the Vet's office, and afterward. Beano was a great old cat. This picture was taken about an hour before he went on to cat heaven. I now see how tired he was. Rest in Peace, Beano!

3 comments:

Mongo said...

Yeah, he was a good ol' kittie. I enjoyed spending time with him, and I'm glad I got to know him. While Greg was gone on vacation Beano would jump into my lap and want to spend his day there, which I thought was unusual for a cat that wanted to be outdoors so much.

So long, Beano! Thanks for the great memories!

Anonymous said...

Sorry buddy... losing a pet always sucks (even a silly cat)
Midas will give you even more kisses!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Beano...Mark and Judy