Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter & Taxes

First of all, I hope everyone had a great Easter, I certainly did! I arrived early to my church, Union Church, which meets at the Lake Union Armory building, to help a little setting up. We chit chatted, prayed, enjoyed coffee, pastries and fruit for a light breakfast, then the service started and we had wonderful worship music, a reading and a nice message (as usual!). My family didn't have our usual über-family party (the folks and a Stepbrother are in New Orleans, doing the Lord's work helping fix houses damaged by Katrina. Yeah, still!), but I was invited to a great dinner with my Brother-in-Law's family at a home with a nice view of Lake Washington.

If you read this blog, you know I'm concerned about the huge debt this congress and administration are running up. Stuff like this:


















really concerns me (and I don't have kids!). For the first time ever, I attended a deficit/tax protest in February. Well, there is a bigger protest being planned on Wednesday, April 15, 2009, and I urge you to attend!

A List of Washington State events can be found HERE.

I'd like to think this issue is bigger than any one party. Almost all the folks representing us in Congress are to blame. However, it's no secret that the folks that attend these deficit/tax protests tend to lean right... but, I'm willing to bet there are some concerned Democrats/left of center folks who are concerned, too.

Happy, civilized and safe protesting!

No comments: